Thursday, December 04, 2008

In Which Our Hero Becomes A Fashion Victim

So, I was at a large state managers' conference today. I wore olive khaki slacks, a maroon-on-white striped shirt, an Izod sweater (oatmeal) over that, and a green plaid wool blazer over that. No tie. Smart, if a little faux-professorial.

As I was entering a break-out session, I noticed another guy wearing the same Izod sweater over a turtleneck, only his was grey. We shared a 'lil moment over the coincidence.

Not two minutes later, another guy walks into the session wearing a blue one.

...and just as the session was starting, a guy in a white one walked in.

What are the odds? There were maybe 45 people in the session, and at least a little over half of those were female.

At any rate, I guess I was dressed appropriately...


^The extremely popular (among bureaucrats) Izod box knit sweater^

2 comments:

Grouchbutt said...

But did any of them rock it as hard as you did?

Unknown said...

Hi there Randy! I saw you on The Sartorialist's blog and thought I'd contact you about something you might be interested in. Sorry to write a comment on your site, but I couldn't find contact info for you. Anyways, I'm launching a new website and I could really use your help in getting it started. It's at http://hangerbox.com It's like an online closet, where you can upload photos of yourself wearing your favorite outfits, then tell people where you bought it, how much it cost, and other details... You can also browse other people's outfits and see what they are wearing. It's pretty much just a big style sharing site. Anyways, I think it has good potential, but I need the help from people like you to get it started by uploading photos so that there is something there for people to browse. Hope that I'm not imposing too much, but I would be really grateful for your help. Let me know if you have any questions. And if you can't help, no worries, feel free to use the site as you wish. It would also be cool if you might be able to plug us on your site. Again, it's up to you, but I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again!

Michael Shumway

P.S. Don't forget to tell your friends! Thanks! ;)