Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Falling Up


10 Cool things about Fall



Fall Colors:
Like a fireworks display for 8 hours a day.

Fall Yard:
The grass is dormant, the rain is back, the bugs are dead, and the leaves, uh, are pretty.

Fall Days:
Cooler, crisp days mean you don’t arrive sweaty and rumpled, you can wear something other than pastels (which are hideous on me), and you can wear line-softening sweaters and slacks, which enhance my broad shoulders and hide my broad belly.

Fall Evenings:
Cool enough for a walk around the lake, short enough to make sure you’re home in time for dinner.

Fall Nights:
Air conditioner – Off. Windows – Open. Ahh.

Fall Lovin':
Summer theme song around the Wylde household – It’s Too Darn Hot. Fall theme song – I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm.

Fall Food:
Great tastes together and alone – apples, sausage, cabbage, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, bacon, beer. Plus, it’s cool enough to turn the oven on again, and that means roasted pork, chicken, and squash. And pie. Mmmm. Pie.

Fall Sports:
I’m not a sports fan, but football games pre-empt all sorts of shows that I might otherwise get hooked on, so I have more time to get things done.

Fall Holidays:
Halloween, Thanksgiving. ‘Nuff said.

Fall Back:
An extra hour of sleep? All for it.

No comments: